Pictures are memories. Read on for a Checklist for Perfect Family Portraits that will look good for a lifetime.
- PLAN YOUR OUTFITS – Start with the hardest person to dress. Plan around that persons outfit or visit my 3 Tips to Style Your Family Portraits. Consider your color scheme for the time of year if your session is outdoors or even the colors of inside your home if it’s a lifestyle shoot. Take everyone’s personality into consideration, don’t try to be uncomfortable, it just comes across on camera.
- GET PLENTY OF REST – Get to bed early the night before your session. Happy kids = beautiful pictures.
- MAKE SURE YOU EAT – There’s nothing worse than a cranky baby or toddler because their stomachs are “dying” of hunger during photos. It stresses you out, the kids and even the photographer. Fill bellies full of good long lasting food. This is especially important for DADS!
- DON’T FORGET PROPS – Most photographers come with some props, especially if it’s a Newborn, Engagement or Holiday session. Remember to bring along any small, meaningful items you’d like to incorporate.
- ARRIVE EARLY – Make sure you arrive anywhere from 10-15 minutes early. This gives you time to make sure you find the location, the photographer and do any last minute errands, like changing dirty diapers.
With this easy checklist for perfect family portraits, I’m sure you’ll all look amazing! Let me know how it goes!